Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Update

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season! I can't believe Christmas is in 2 weeks, let alone New Years in 3 weeks. Wow!

Steve got back today from a Real Estate conference in Texas. He was gone for 4 days and it was so hard to be away from him! It definitely gave me some insight as to what women go through when their husbands are away for months at a time in Afghanistan... only that would be a million times worse. I don't know how any of them do it!

While he was gone, I spent a few nights at my moms house. It was lots of fun and she really pampered me (& Peyton). She made huge meals both nights and we watched a few Christmas movies. Mom got in some really big kicks from Peyton and it was nice to get some mommy/daughter time in before I become a mommy myself. :)

Last Saturday kicked off the Christmas Party marathon! Then this weekend we have 3 events to go to and up until New Years, our weekends are packed. Even though I love this time of year, all I can find myself thinking about is the baby and starting the nursery! I know come January 1st (the start of not only a New Year, but the 3rd trimester), I'll be tearing the Christmas decorations down and be in baby mode until the nursery is complete. Also in Jan we start our childbirth preparation classes, baby care class, and I'll take a breast feeding class. Then Feb is the baby shower, and I'll also be getting maternity pictures taken around then too. (can't wait!)

Tomorrow I'll be 24 weeks. The picture of me was taken tonight.
Here's the tidbit for this week:
Your baby has caught up with an ear of corn in size and gained about 1/4 pound since last week. (Length: almost a foot.)
I can't believe he's gaining 4 ounces a week now! I remember when he would gain 1/2 an ounce a week and that seemed to be a huge milestone.

Oh also, I have to share the biggest laugh of the week. I took my car into get serviced and check out what they gave me as a rental -- a Smart Car! I think karma caught up to me because just last week I said those cars are the ugliest cars ever! I'll admit, I had a choice to get something else, but this was free of cost and I was kinda curious about it. ;)

Enjoy the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment