So to catch you all up quickly, I'll write a, what will probably turn into a very long post, about the last few weeks. =)
I left off in the beginning of this month... so I'll start with Mother's Day. I celebrated my second (already?) Mother's Day this year and because my mom was in Nebraska and Steve's mom was in Flagstaff, the day was all about ME. =) It was really not very eventful, but that's just what I wanted. Steve followed my every command and took care of dinner and all the things I usually do. The Friday before that, Steve's sister, his mom, and me went to breakfast at Butterfield's to celebrate us.
That same weekend we finished up our Girls on the Run season with a banquet and 5K. The banquet was quite nice and I must say, I'm pretty impressed with us four rookie coaches to have successfully completed one hell of a GOTR season! Not only did we complete it, but we passed with flying colors. To have the head of the program tell us that we're above and beyond the other schools, was very impressive if I must say so myself. It was nice to meet a lot of the parents at the banquet and have them rant & rave about how awesome we are, then to see all the girls complete the 5K was truly emotional and inspiring. This is what life's all about, right?!
| Coaches Bornowski, Hulihee, Olson, Freye |
| My sister Julie ran with us! |
| The starting line |
| Peyton and Steve came out to support! |
That following week was devoted to preparing for Peyton's first airplane trip to Denver & Nebraska. I also gave blood for the first time in my life that week. Funny story: so Steve signed us up for the blood drive at his office a while back. I said, "no prob!" and showed up ready to save a life. When I saw a bag, not a little tube, but a bag of blood, I nearly fainted. What was I thinking? I thought I was giving a tube or two, and after all the tubes of blood I gave during pregnancy, I thought I'd be a champ. Long story short, I gave a pint of blood and spent the next few days feeling light headed and a weird sensation in my arm, not to mention a pretty purple/blue/green/yellow souvenir. :) But it was worth it and I'd do it again.
The week after that (last week) was spent vacationing!!! We flew into Denver and spent some time with the Cortney side of my family, then drove to Nebraska to spend time with the Rea side. I'll blog about that trip separately, since it deserves it's own post. :)
~Sneak Peak~
As soon as we got back, we jumped right back into our life. I spent Saturday helping my mom throw my step-brother and his fiancee a baby shower. My mom did a beautiful job and really outdid herself! That evening we went to Aunt Chilada's for a big retirement party for Steve's dad, Dennis, along with 100 of his closest friends. He's been with the Phoenix Police Department for 35 years and tomorrow is his last day. Can you even imagine what that must feel like?! He deserves his own post too, so after tomorrow's ceremony and another party this weekend, I'll write more about the amazing person that he is.
That about does it. Tonight I'm excited to watch the American Idol finale (part 1). Although I am extremely angry at the top two. I mean, this season started off fantastic, with a great top 13 and slowly but surely all the good people got voted off, leaving us with Lauren and Scotty. How are they the top two! Maybe Scotty deserves it but... I want Haley back!
Promise it won't be so long until next time!
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
-John Lennon


No comments:
Post a Comment