Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

15 Month Appointment

As I was sitting in the pediatrician's office today, I was reminiscing (hard not to do when you're there nearly a dozen+ times in one year) of all the visits and how quickly time has gone.  This one hit me hard since Peyton was climbing the big boy stairs (to get to the top of the table) and actually "reading" the books they have sitting out.  When did he get so big?  Wasn't he just swaddled up so tight, me making sure he didn't touch a thing, and just a little helpless baby boy at his last visit?

I couldn't help but smile.  Bittersweet for sure.  :)

He had a great check-up.  The doctor said he's getting "a boatload" of teeth in, hence the runny nose and late-night wakings lately.  I saw two molars on top and now his canine's are next.  He said it's perfectly fine that he's not walking and that it'll just happen suddenly.  He said he can walk, he just needs more confidence, and that makes it just fine.  Then he promised me that once he does, we'll wish he wasn't.  :)

Another routine question he always asks is if his eyes are straight.  I've always said yes, but today I answered a little more on the cautious side and said, "well, usually."  Now, I could be making a bigger deal out of this, but sometimes his left eye veers inward.  So just to make sure all is okay, he's sending us to an eye specialist.  The pediatrician said he thinks they look fine, but it's not something you wanna mess around with.  So, that'll be next to do!  (trust me, after his head-shape extravaganza, this is nothing!)

His stats were:
Height: 33" (92%)
Weight: 26lbs, 9oz (75%)
Head Circumference: 18.75" (65%)

I was a little surprised with his height, as he started out tall, then gradually slowed down to the 60th% by 12 months.  Then the past three months it shot back up and he grew 3 inches!  Yippee!  We like tall!

He was supposed to get three shots today, but we're going back on Monday for those - didn't want to risk him getting a fever while Momma's in Vegas, baby!!

That's right, we're going to Vegas tomorrow and coming home Sunday!  Both Steve and I will be gone, so this will be rough (yes, I'm sure more on us than him, and I really hope that's the case).  But we're looking forward to a weekend of FUN and a little Britney Spears.  Thanks in advance to my parents who'll be coming over and staying at my house all weekend with Peyton and Ginger!

Here's the goofball at his appt today!


1 comment:

  1. Miss you too! Let's get together sometime this summer, okay?

    ReplyDelete