Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Imitation at its best.

A favorite place - inside the dog kennel!
Peyton is almost 1.5 years old and imitation is HUGE right now.  I see him do it all the time (super cute) but I just couldn't get over how funny it was when I saw his do this:

A few nights ago after dinner, I took Peyton out of his highchair and he went straight for the ground - he got on his belly and started licking the floor.  What the heck?!  Yes, my thoughts exactly!  Then, he started gobbling down the food that he had thrown over his highchair (for his partner in crime, Ginger, who was already locked up in the room for this reason alone, hence there still being food on the ground).  He sat laid there on the floor, licking up the food with no hands.  Now this takes talent!  It took me no time to figure out he was acting like a dog!  Steve and I got such a kick out of this!

Then yesterday, he did it again.  This time, it was even more gross.  I noticed he was under the kitchen table (a favorite place) and he must've been acting like a dog again, because he came up to me pushing something black out of his mouth with his tongue.  I pulled it out and to my horror, it was a dead bug.  I'm pretty sure it was already dead (thanks to our real dog) but it was super gross and I realized this has got to stop before it gets worse!

So the fun is over, from now on when he gets on his belly and sticks that tongue out, I tell him, "NO!" as if he is a dog.  Hey, at least I can play too.  =)

"Imitation is the highest form of flattery."
-Brian Molko

No comments:

Post a Comment