Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Baby Weight...

When I was pregnant, I always said it was gonna be a fun challenge to get into THE BEST shape I've ever been in once I have Peyton.

Well... I've spent the last several weeks doing my normal workout routine, and realized my normal routine ain't gonna cut it! It works great to maintain what I have, but isn't gonna quite get me into that BEST SHAPE that I promised myself.

AND, what better motivation do I have than our Carlsbad beach vacation coming up in a mere 4 weeks!

So, on Monday we went to Dick's and I got a new pair of tennis shoes (for starters). Boy was I due! After my toenails nearly cut my poor feet up this past month (and not because my nails were long (eww), but because my feet were squished into my now, too-small shoes), I realized that my feet are a new, bigger size since pregnancy! If you remember, during pregnancy my feet swelled up, and I'm sure this has a lot to do with it.

So what's next? Until I feel comfortable taking Peyton to the daycare at the gym, I went to the library and checked out a ton of workout videos to start with. Plus we have a treadmill that I'll continue to use. I got videos like kickboxing, total body conditioning, and I threw a yoga one in there too. Not sure if this will get me into the best shape, but it's a start since my body needs something new.

Then, Steve and I have been very interested in the P90X program that we recently learned about. Now that will get me into shape! We plan on starting that this summer, but baby steps first. :)

While I was at the Perry Library, I picked up a schedule of the weekly classes they have for kids. I was surprised to find that they actually have a class for babies. I guess it's more of singing and interacting with them, than story time. But still something fun for Peyton and I to do!

HaPpY sUmMeR!

PS - Peyton had a huge smile fest the other day! I swear he smiled the biggest I've ever seen for 10 min straight! Here's a pic from it!

3 comments:

  1. Def go to the baby lapsit classes the library... we went last summer to the Chandler ones and they were great.. plus it was fun to meet other mommies and for the babies to watch each other!

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, lets go together! I'm sure Noah will be somewhat entertained with a book or something while the babies play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Mandy! Yeah, we're def gonna check em out. Megan, yes come with!!! Only thing is, it's at 10:30am on Fridays... during Noah's swim lessons? But I'm sure there's another library we can go to!

    ReplyDelete