Last Wednesday, as I was coming in from our backyard, out of the corner of my eye, I see these LONG, FUZZY, THICK, HAIRY LEGS coming out from our door mat. Immediately I knew this was not an ordinary spider. It WAS NOT a wolf spider (which is the scariest spider I've seen around home up to this point). As a matter of fact, I wouldn't even call this a spider. It was a BEAST! I ran out front to get our lawn guys who happened to be over and asked one of them to come kill it for me.
I'm so mad because I didn't have the courage to open the door to go inside and get my camera. This would've consisted of me hopping over the beast and chancing him crawling into our house. So I have no proof, which would've made my life much easier these past few days to prove to people (Steve) that this is not an exaggerated story. :)
So our lawn guy takes a look at it, I look at him, and say, "I'm scared!" He looks back at me and says, "So am I!" Hahahaha! He braved it out and killed it with a broom. What was it? A Tarantula! No joke, I knew it the moment I saw those hairy legs. There's no doubt in my mind. Especially after I googled for a picture and found this replica of what I saw:

Yeah, you think looking at this picture is scary, try seeing it in your own backyard!!
Now this next part seems to have nothing to do with all this, but it does -- After pregnancy, a lot of women's hair falls out for several months postpartum. Not clumps, just lots of strands. The reason is, because when you're pregnant, you don't loose as much hair as normal, which is why pregnant women have "beautiful, thick hair." After pregnancy, you loose all that hair you should've lost during those 9 months (hormonal reasons, of course.) Well, my hair has been falling out like a mad woman. You know when a strand hangs off your shirt and tickles your arm? That is happening to me 24/7 and EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS, I THINK IT'S A SPIDER! This seems silly, but imagine being freaked out 15 times a day that a spider is on you! This is NOT good timing! :)
Finally, about 3 weeks ago I found our first cockroach in our house. Did I see this pesky little thing crawling across the floor? No. It decided to crawl out of the paper towel roll as I was getting a paper towel. Again, FREAKED ME OUT! My dad informed me that I could call the City of Gilbert and tell them I have a roach complaint. They take your address and dust the sewer by your house, free of cost. You can do this in any city, FYI. They left a notice on our door 3 days later saying they dusted the sewer. So nice to know! I've only seen one roach since, and that was in our garage.
Long story short, every little thing I catch out the corner of my eye freaks me out. I think it's a roach. Every tickle I get on my arm, I think is a tarantula. Hopefully this will pass soon.


omg this is the funniest post!!
ReplyDeletei would die if saw that spider!! and thanks for the info on the roaches.. i will tell nick- we've had crazy roaches lately!