Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy 30th Birthday, Steve!!


Steve turned the big 3-0 on August 14th. When I asked him if he had any negative feelings about it, he said, "not at all." I figured!

Me, on the other hand, who has never felt unhappy about turning a year older either, started to feel a bit anxious about Steve's milestone birthday. I realized that Steve and I spent our entire 20's together. We met when I was 18 and he was 19, then turned a friendship into a relationship, got married, and had our first baby... all in our 20's. Now that he's in his 30's, and I'm not far behind, I started to see our life flash before my eyes. There's just something about a milestone birthday that makes you think about your life, and I'm very grateful to have loved all aspects of ours so far and look forward to reminiscing about our 30's someday, which will probably be here before we know it. (Who turned 30 again? Feels like I did! haha)

We spent Steve's day doing lots of fun things that I planned for him. We had pancakes at his favorite breakfast spot - Joe's Farm Grill. It was packed, but we found a good seat and enjoyed watching Peyton smile non-stop at the couple behind us (& vice versa).

Next up was a movie that Steve had been wanting to see - Inception. It was our first time taking Peyton to the movies, but I had no fear. Unfortunately, our sleeping baby woke because of a poopy diaper not too long after it started (go figure!). I changed it, got back, and we enjoyed watching Peyton stare at the big, bright screen, until a loud scene happened that scared the heck out of him. He uttered a cry, and as soon as I stood up to leave the theater, he had stopped. I left anyway because he was scared, & we hung out in the hall and met a few interesting women, to say the least. (It's funny how friendly people are when you have a baby!). Steve came out and we decided to leave. It was cute when I overheard Steve (being completely serious) say to Peyton, "Next time we'll take you to a Disney movie." Awww!! :)

On a side note, Grandma & Grandpa Olson offered to come over and babysit last night, so we took their offer then took our rain check for the movies and went and saw Inception again. Great movie, but you cannot blink otherwise you'll miss something. We were glad we left and came back another time.

The main event of Steve's birthday was the surprise party I threw him that evening. There were about 30 friends and family who met up at, where other than Steve's favorite place - Barro's Pizza, to celebrate. He was completely surprised when we walked in, I couldn't believe I actually pulled it off! Thanks so much to mom, Bob, dad, Julie, Dennis, and Joan for helping me put it together, I really couldn't have pulled it off without them!

A group of about 10 of us later went to Tempe Marketplace where we enjoyed some drinks and had some laughs. By the time we got home we were exhausted, but Steve truly had a great birthday and that was the goal! Happy Birthday, babe!

~My FAV picture! All the Aunts & Uncles with mommy, daddy & Peyton~

~The girls!~

~Peyton's Aunts & Uncles~










No comments:

Post a Comment