Peyton started eating some really yummy foods. We started with sweet potatoes, then moved onto butternut squash, next up was bananas, then apples, & currently we're eating avocado's. So far everything has been homemade, which has been an experience for me. It was going well until the apples... unfortunately I ruined our steamer and very nice pot. Dang it! If anyone knows how to get burnt rubber off of a pot, let me know! :)
On October 1st, Peyton cut his very first tooth! How exciting! It's the bottom, lower left tooth. I knew it wouldn't be long before tooth #2 appeared and sure enough, exactly two weeks later, there it was. It hasn't cut yet, but it will at any moment. We can't get over his toothy grin!
Peyton recently fell into a new morning schedule that I'm loving. Basically he wakes up around 7am, drinks his milk, eats solids, plays for about 30 minutes, then is back down by 9am for a nap with no problems. I hope this morning routine sticks for awhile!
He's been rolling NON-STOP. I can hardly do tummy-time anymore because he doesn't stay on his tummy! He's sitting very well, and topples over once every 5 minutes or so. He hasn't attempted getting on his knees yet to crawl, but he "swims" like crazy and creeps.
I noticed he hasn't sucked his thumb in a very long time, instead he sucks his two fingers, because two is better than one? :) He also just started sucking his big toe, usually it's when I'm changing his diaper! He'll still suck a pacifier, but usually spits it out & goes for the fingers. He's been "fake coughing" and it's so funny! He'll start out with a real cough, then it turns into a whimpery-type cough. This boy cracks me up!
We started sign language with him 9 days ago and are ALREADY seeing him attempting the "milk" sign. A mere SIX DAYS after we started signing, he did his first sign. Absolutely A-MAZING! Signs we've been doing faithfully: more, milk & eat. Other signs I've been doing: dog, hi/bye, up. You're supposed to start with 3 signs, and add more as they learn. There's so many I want to teach him!
Lastly, we've seen two specialists regarding his plagiocephaly (flat spot) and after one told us he does not need it, and the other telling us he does need it, we decided to go ahead and just do it. Spend 2-3 months with the band and all our worries can be gone. He'll most likely get the band just before his 8 month birthday and be out of it by 11 months top. More to come on that!
Seven Months!
It's hard to keep him from grabbing the sign!
"A home gets happier by the minute, when there's a precious baby in it."
-Unknown


No comments:
Post a Comment