So... it's been awhile! A lot of good things have been going on lately (hence the absence), so instead of cramming them all into one post, I'll take the next week to blog about everything separately.
Let's start where I left off - the end of October!
As you all know by now, we moved! (more about this in a later post). We're now in a comfy & quaint 1,300 sq ft home and as you can imagine, we had A LOT of stuff we needed to get rid of. We had our first-ever yard sale at the end of Oct and it was a hit. Dennis & Joan came over to watch Peyton for us and ended up saving us from a potential first yard sale disaster -- they thought of things us rookies never would've thought of, like needing a ton of $1 dollar bills for change, for starters.
Now that we know the ropes and how easy it was to get rid of stuff and get paid for it (goodbye Goodwill!), I'm totally into it. As a matter of fact, turns out we didn't get rid of nearly enough stuff and will be having another one this weekend!
Might I add, I can't get over the good deals everyone got. We're talking $5 bucks for something I paid $50 for a few years back and used once. I say that I want to be a yard-saler now & cash in on some good deals myself, but it probably won't happen until I find more time. :)
I wish I would've gotten a picture of our front yard. Oh well. A big thank you to Dennis & Joan for helping us have a successful first yard sale!


No comments:
Post a Comment