Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Turning Of A Page.

I turned 30 in November and I have to say, it wasn't so bad!

In hindsight, I went through all the sappy stuff when Steve turned 30 and apparently got it all out of my system then. (read about that here.)  I remember feeling as if I was the one turning 30 - I was emotional and spent a lot of time reminiscing about our 20's.  We spent all of our 20's together, so when he turned 30, it was like that part of our life was over.  I felt like since he was turning the page into a new decade, so was I.

By the time my 30th rolled around last month, I didn't feel a thing!  I know it was partially because of getting it all out at Steve's 30th birthday, but it was also partially because I'm exactly where I hoped to be at this time in my life.  I have nothing to be regretful about, which is such a blessing.   

But, I would like to still take a moment and reminisce about it all.  :)  My 20's were a time of craziness and fun!  They were spent just how I think one should spend them.  Exploring, partying, in college, traveling, making mistakes, learning, figuring out who you are, what you want to be, partying, and partying some more.  A time where the motto is, "the more the merrier!"  They were a great time and I have no regrets.  I'm very grateful to have gone through a "crazy" time early in life.

I imagine my 30's will be just as fun, but in a different way.  This is a time about settling in and creating my own family and traditions, a time that will by trying for sure, but if done right, we will reap the benefits later on in life.  

And my 40's (while we're at it!) will be a time of peace & joy.  I've heard your 40's are the best time of your life.  You're set in your career & are no longer searching, your children are independent, you've made your major life mistakes (hopefully), you're the most secure in yourself at this time, and now you just get to enjoy the ride.  I'm looking forward to my 40's quite frankly!  :)  BUT, I definitely do not wish my 30's away.  

So, the big 3-0 birthday celebrations were a blast.  I woke up in my new home for the first time on my 30th birthday, and although I spent the day unpacking, it was a wonderful day receiving calls, texts and facebook messages.  Steve brought me roses and dinner.  It was simple and sweet.

The next day, Steve planned a surprise birthday dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Postino, with his entire family (minus Ryan) and my entire family (minus Laurie).  It was a nice time!  

Then, that weekend I partied with good friends.  We went to Lucky Strike at CityScape in downtown Phoenix.  We bowled, had drinks, mingled, and had a great time.  After the bowling, we went to Copper Blues next door and continued until the night was no longer young.  =)

Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate my big birthday!  It was special and I'm grateful for that.  Now, onto a new decade.  Bring it, baby!










Tim McGraw, "My Next Thirty Years"
Listen to it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment