Height: 36.25" - 90th percentile
Weight: 30lbs, 1oz - 75th percentile
Head circumference: 19.5" - 75th percentile
He only gained about 2 lbs and 1.5" in the last 6 months. It's safe to say he's at the age where he stops growing like a weed! It's time to start getting used to buying him clothes that actually fit him in the moment -- I'm so used to buying a whole size bigger for the months ahead. As a matter of fact, we bought him a ton of winter clothes last summer (a size bigger, of course) and he's barely fitting into them now and will probably be wearing them next winter. AND, he's been wearing his summer clothes (since it's been so warm lately) from LAST YEAR!
I was reading up on two year olds, and something I found funny was, "Stalling techniques are common at bed time & nap time." This made me laugh so hard because it almost never fails, when I put Peyton down, he almost always shows me the "eat" sign. When he first started doing it, I thought, "Oh no! He's hungry and I'm getting ready to put him down. Do I feed him or not?" I don't think I ever actually gave in, but soon enough I noticed the "trend" and knew exactly what he was up to. FUNNY!
I bought him a toilet seat that goes on the actual toilet since he was doing pretty good at peeing on the big potty. Well, we've been using it several times a day and he loves it! He'll put it on the toilet and basically ask to go potty. He's gone every time and no treats needed, just a big cheer is enough motivation! It's a major pain though, taking off all his clothes and diaper, then putting it all back on, but I know it's worth it. No one said it was easy! I'm not sure what approach I'll be using, or when to really start. For now, this pace feels right.
So I'm calling this year the "Terrific Two's" since everyone seems to say boy's go through more of "Terrible Three's" than anything... great! Because I'm pretty sure I remember a few tantrums on his actual 2nd birthday! :) Well, this kid could throw them all day and I'd still love him more than anything in the world. So, here's to a terrific year!!
Here's us at the Mt Carmel carnival this weekend -
he refused to go on any bouncy house, but wanted
to go on this big boy ride.
On his first ride - can't wait to take him to Disneyland! :)
Having fun with our "glasses"






No comments:
Post a Comment