Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Swim Lessons, Day 8 - Our Last Day!

Thursday was our final day of swim lessons.  Steve was too busy to go, so it was just the Peytor Gator and me.

We did all the normal stuff and at the end, Peyton got a popsicle and certificate.

Here's what he's learned:
  • blow bubbles
  • dunk head under water
  • "swim" between two people while face goes under water using Superman arms (hands clasped above head)
  • grab onto the wall when let go of just in front of it
  • climb out
  • "jump" back in
  • sit down and slide in, while holding onto the wall (not 100% on always holding onto the wall)
  • can slide across the wall
  • float on back (although won't relax and does this for only a second)
  • float on stomach well
  • kicks
  • likes to be thrown high in the air ;) 
I was very pleased and already miss it!  What I wasn't expecting was the bonding it created for the three of us.  The play time and closeness we shared during the lessons and playing afterwards was such a fun family time.  

I'd like to enroll him in year round lessons somewhere.  I'll wait until at least August & spend the next month practicing what we've learned.  I think this "crash course" was perfect to get us started and comfortable and now a handful of lessons a month will keep him going. 

I forgot to bring my camera in the pool, so I didn't get any pics of him enjoying his popsicle with his certificate, so I took a few when I got home. 


I hope you enjoyed his swim lesson segment!!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment