For the past few weeks I've noticed Peyton saying, "oh shit." Yes, my response to this was the same thing. :-/
It started when one of us would say it and Peyton would repeat it right away, leaving us to quickly realize what we'd just said... and the affects of it.
Well now, he's saying it in context whenever he's talking. He has no clue it's a bad word and I'm a little confused on how to handle this one. Do I make a big deal about it and tell him not to say it (which will only confuse him, then make him want to say it even more to rebel) or do we ignore it and make 100% sure we stop saying it so he'll stop saying it? So far we've stuck to the latter.
But here's the main reason I'm blogging about this two letter word -- to document this story...
Yesterday I was in Ross with my mom and Peyton. He'd just eaten two cookies and was on a major sugar high. We were looking at the toys when I told him, "Let's go! There's more toys on this aisle over here!" So he ran to the other toy aisle and quickly spotted a cool toy, ran up to it, grabbed it and said, "OH SHIT, MAMA!!!!" This was not an oh shit as in oh crap, this was an oh shit! as in you've gotta see this! My mom looked at me, I looked at her, and it was confirmed that indeed, he'd just said that. What came next? Uncontrollable laughter! (horrible, I know). Now luckily it sounds more like this, "oh chit" so it's not clear as day, but still... no bueno.
So then I was dumbfounded that he's using this term in two contextes and where did he learn the excited context?! I never say it that way. Then as I'm replaying it in my head, I hear this scenario clear as day coming from Steve's mouth, "Oh shit! Oh shit! Go! Go! Gooooo!!!" Ahh yes, it's football season.
Then today, it was confirmed. As my sister Laurie was talking to Peyton on the phone, she randomly asked him if he's been watching a lot of football. His response? "Dada! Football. Haslkdfslkdhf (not sure what he said) Oh shit! Dada!" Oh.My.Gosh!!!! I about died! So yes, it's been confirmed where the excited context has come from.
Needless to say, Steve will not be saying that anymore! And I guess I can't put all the blame on him, so I'll be watching my mouth from now on too. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment