Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, September 1, 2012

It's Football Season, SON!!!!!!!

A few years ago, I remember sitting in the crowded, hot stands at the opener game of the Arizona State football season.  A man in his early 40's was sitting in front of us with his 10ish year old son.  You know that part where the crowd stands and gets all excited and loud, anticipating the first kick off?  Well it was that moment and he yells to his son, "IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON, SON!!!!!!"  Man was he excited and I realized at that moment, I'm freaking excited too!!!

There's something about training camp, draft nights, preseason games and the actual football season that puts a smile on my face.  Now ironically, there's also something about that last month of the season when you just CANT.WAIT. for it to be over.  ;)

We had a little schedule conflict Thursday evening, as the Sun Devils were hosting NAU at home, and the Cardinals were hosting the Broncos at home as well.  Which did we choose, you ask?!  The Sun Devils, baby!!!  {It was known that Manning wasn't playing, so that made Steve's decision easy.}

When I first started dating Steve, it seemed like all of his extended family went to the games.  It was a blast.  Then over the years, people didn't renew their season tickets {including his parents} and it was down to one set of Aunt/Uncles and us {and of course his brother Andy}.  Well, his parents have renewed their tickets this season, along with Uncle Gregg & Aunt Terri.  Uncle Bob & Aunt Sue never let go of theirs, so it's a mini family reunion again!!!

We "tailgated" at a bar that I never know the name of because it's different every year.  Too hot to do the real tailgate until October.  Then we walked to the game and watched ASU destroy NAU, with a final score of 63-6!


Here's a pic of my {crazy} brother-in-law, Andy's leg - he has the pitchfork and "A" mountain scene in the background.  He also now has the Alma Matter written on the side.  This was taken on the beach, obviously!  :)  He's THE BIGGEST sun devil football fan I've ever met!!!

Last night we went to our friends Pat & Molly's house for draft night.  I can't remember the last time Steve participated in this, if ever.  The guys had fun while us girls and the kids played.

Hope you all are having a great Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment