Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Holiday Fun.

This Christmas season flew by yet again this year with the daily scramble of trying to get it all in.  Here's some of the fun holiday events we went to!

We kicked off the month of December with a trip to The Polar Express.  Read about it here.

We got home just in time to attend our first Christmas party of the season.  The Gough family always hosts' a nice party and we had a great time.

My friends Megan, Siobhan and I got together for a "Christmas Playdate" with our kids that's now turned into an annual tradition.  This year we hung out at Siobhan's house and exchanged gifts.  Thanks to Megan, our boys all get cute matching hats each year.

A few days later, we attended Coldwell Banker's holiday party (Steve's work).  I'm amazed at how sweet & genuine everyone there is to me, after all these years I haven't really shown my face around the office, people still remember me.  I guess it's only been a few years, but I always feel at home when I go back and agents are so kind and personal with me.

I took Peyton to a Christmas playgroup in the West Valley where I grew up.  A friend from high school hosted it and it was nice to meet new moms and refreshing to be around new faces.  Oh yeah, Peyton had a great time too!  :)  He made a neat handprint ornament and played with new friends.

A few days after that, I spent an evening in the kitchen (where one of the oven coils completely split in half, sparked like crazy, and I was prepared for our kitchen to go up in flames... Steve & Peyton were gone, I was so scared!)  I was baking 80 cookies (& thankfully was on my last dozen when disaster stroke).  I attended a Cookie Exchange party the next day and came home with a ton of yummy cookies!

From there I met Steve's extended family at Olive Garden for a family holiday lunch.

We took a few days off, then were back at it.  We took Peyton to see Santa (more to come on that).  Later that night we took him to see this house not far from ours, that is DECKED (& that's an understatement) out in lights and toys.  We spent an hour there.  They had 3 train track displays.  Enough said.

The next evening we met our friends Genny, Ryan, and their 4 week old baby at the Maricopa Live Steamers train park.  We rode the train and then Peyton got to be the Engineer of a little train.  He loved it!

The next day we went to our friend Marissa's Christmas party.  We had a great time, and at this point, Peyton had HAD it.  He let us know the whole way home.  :)

Add a trip to California, a couple of trips to the airport to drop friends off,  and a few Christmas crafts and we've made it to Christmas Eve!

We desperately tried to get in the Phoenix Zoo Lights but never did.  I figured that'll be a fun thing to do after Christmas anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment