~ About 3 weeks ago, we went to dinner with Steve's family to announce the gender of our baby. Steve's brother Ryan and his girlfriend are also having a baby. They're due May 12th, exactly one week from us! Since we both found out what we're having within a few days of each other, we made the announcement together. Verdict? Us = GIRL, Ryan & Amber = BOY! ~
~ A few months ago I wanted to blog about how sweet and caring Peyton has been and how he's very concerned about hurting people's feelings. If he wouldn't hug someone goodbye, all I had to say was, "you're gonna hurt their feelings!" and boom! He'd run up to them and hug them. If he wouldn't get in his car seat, same thing... you're gonna make me sad! Then he'd climb in and say, "mama, happy?" I started feeling guilty about this manipulation tactic, so I slowed it down a bit and now he's not so concerned. :) ~
~ I also meant to blog about my 31st birthday. I had the most touching day. I received roses and donuts in the morning, Peyton had a sleepover at grandma and grandpa Olson's, and we had a doctor's appointment that day. On the way home, I was so overwhelmed by such good feelings. I won't forget how I felt! We'd just had a healthy check-up and I was receiving so many "happy birthday's" from friends and family and Steve had just gotten his Coaching job a few days prior. We were in a good spot (and still am, but that was the first time it all came together) and my emotions got the best of me. Later that night we met friends at Four Peaks for dinner. It was a great day! ~
~ I started saying prayers with Peyton this summer. After experiencing two consecutive miscarriages, I thought it'd be appropriate for Peyton to pray for a baby brother or sister. We said the same prayer every night, "Dear God, Please give me a baby brother or baby sister, Amen." Within a week or so, he surprised me and just started saying it all on his own! (July 2012) ~
~ The last weekend in Sept, my dad, Peyton and I went up to Prescott to spend the weekend with Laurie. She had a clogging event in Sedona that Saturday that we wanted to go to. We had a fun weekend in Sedona and lounging around. Peyton and my dad really bonded well. :) ~
~ In early Sept, Steve gave Peyton a haircut. It was our first time doing it. Peyton did great and it turned out surprisingly well!! ~
![]() |
| Pro to the long locks? No ducktail! |
Tomorrow is the last catch up post with pics of his big boy bedroom!





















No comments:
Post a Comment