Christmas Eve was spent doing last minute shopping and wrapping. That evening (after desperately trying to make it to church, but failed), we went to Steve's parents house for our Christmas with them!
Joan had the house looking so festive and made a delicious lasagna dinner. Afterwards, we all opened gifts. Santa was surely good to us!
Christmas morning we all slept till about 9am (it was a late night before!) and when Peyton woke up, he was excited too see if Santa brought him his "Hiro" train, amongst other things. After presents, Steve made blueberry pancakes. We spent the morning/afternoon in our jammies and we all played with our new toys.
![]() |
| Hiro! |
Around 2:30 we pulled into my mom & Bob's house for Christmas with them, my sister Julie and my step-brothers. We had a traditional Christmas dinner of ham, sweet potatoes, scalloped potatoes, rolls, and all the fixens! After, we opened yet more presents and was yet again, spoiled by Santa. :)
![]() |
| Opening his LeapPad 2! Hopefully this will get him off our iPhones! |
![]() |
| Dog sitting Dobie (or Toby, as Peyton calls her). |
Peyton spent the day playing trains with Tata Bob and we all just relaxed, watched Elf, and ate more. It was a wonderful Christmas!
New Years Eve was very low key this year. For the first time, we had nothing going on. We weren't invited to any parties or anyone's house. I think everyone was doing the same as us... nothing! And we were just fine with it. As I tucked Peyton in, I felt very humbled knowing I was exactly where I wanted to be - at home with my son and husband and baby on the way. Oh and dog, of course. :)
Steve and I watched a movie called "New Years Eve" and tuned into the Dick Clark, or rather Ryan Seacrest, ball drop to ring in the new year, along with a nice smooch. Every year I reflect on how many years I've kissed Steve at midnight. I think this year was 11 or 12... I can't keep track anymore!
Anyway, we're excited for a great 2013 where we'll meet our baby girl and move forward in many ways, business and personally!
















No comments:
Post a Comment