This Labor Day weekend we headed up to Flagstaff for a weekend in Grandma & Grandpa's "cabin." We hadn't been there since Mother's Day, so it was a much needed trip! The weather was absolutely beautiful. I really don't think I've seen better weather - the days were breezy and cool and the nights were a bit chilly, but no sweater needed.
Our trip usually takes about 3 hours, but this time it took over 5! We had a lot of pit stops to make before we even got out of Gilbert, then we dropped Ginger off at Ryan's house in Phoenix, then finally, off we went. The traffic was pretty slow, but eventually we made it and had a great time.
Peyton's ears were plugged up because of the altitude change and I felt SO SORRY for him. He slept most of the car ride, then woke up and suddenly started crying and grabbing his ears. I fed him, gave him a pacifier to suck, then did my highest pitched voice of Patty Cake to make him smile nice and big (never fails!) in hopes of popping his ears. Thank goodness it worked.
We had a wonderful weekend with lots of family! Here's a little of what we did:
Grandma & Peyton enjoying the cool weather
On our walk
Grandpa feeding Peyton rice cereal
GG (Great Grandma) came over!
Great Aunt Terri came too!
GG & Peyton
First bath in the sink!
The bath time crowd
The boys napping
Lunch at Mama's Burger... Diablo's was closed. :(
At GG's house with his 2nd cousin Megan & daddy
Peyton's Great Uncle Brian and Linus
Pretty wild flowers everywhere. Can't wait for the changing leaves!
Stopped at Barro's on the way home to see Uncle Ryan & eat
Uncle Andy taught me this funny "laugh" that I always do. I started doing it in the car after Steve made a funny, and Peyton thought it was hilarious! So, I kept doing it! I sound funny & I hate that, but in order to get him to laugh sometimes I have to sound goofy myself. :)
"Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild."
-Welsh Proverb


No comments:
Post a Comment