To catch you up, I'll just talk basics. Let's start with last weekend and Peyton's first haircut!
After finally justifying that Peyton did indeed need a haircut, we set out last Saturday to Snip It's. He really did a great job overall. He sat so still the whole time, it was kinda funny that he knew to do that. He cried just a bit at first, but it was more of a "get-your-hands-off-of-me-lady, you're-freakin-me-out!" cry. We laughed so hard at him sitting in the chair with the cover over him, looking like a grown man!
I was surprised at how dark his hair was that she cut. But it makes since, he had a lot of brown hair when he was born. I think the "new" stuff is more blonde. There were some pieces as long as 3 inches!
| "Before" A little shaggy. |
| "What are you doing to me?!" |
| "Can I get down now?!" |
Afterwards, we headed to the splash pad in downtown Gilbert for his first time. I knew he would be in LOVE. That he was! He spent about 30 minutes screeching, laughing, and just being so joyful. He pointed at the water and said, "DAH" in his stern, yet playful voice. He must've said it over 500 times and by the end, that's all I could hear in my head. Agh! :) He thankfully didn't crawl around it too much, he just picked a spot next to the water and hung out - the ground was so rough and we didn't realize he'd need knee pads (ha ha joking, but it wouldn't have hurt!) So next time, we'll make sure we go to a padded splash pad (after all, they are called splash pads! :))
Friday night, (I'm out of order, oh well!) Joan treated the family to an ASU women's softball game. It was our first ever, and Peyton's first sporting event. What a fun thing to do & we got to meet Sparky! He was in heaven with all the people, music and action. He did fantastic with it all. We got some yogurt afterwards and it turned into a very late night for him. He fell right to sleep on the way home and slept till 8:45a the next day. God bless this child!!! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment