Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sicky Sicky.

I've been so proud of myself for not catching the gawd awful virus that's been going around for, ohh seven (?) months now.  And I'm still pretty sure I didn't, but my goodness, it felt like I did!

Last Wednesday, we went to Joe's Farm Grill for dinner and within 2.5 hours, I felt sick.  Two more hours later, and I was vomiting and well, you get the gist.  I had been food poisoned and it was HORRIBLE.  I actually thought during the whole (literally) mess that I would've rather been going through child birth.  I spent a whole night in the bathroom.  Never in my life have I done that.

The next day, the dehydration set in.  And I'm talking severe dehydration.  Thank goodness my dad was able to come over and watch Peyton, I had no energy to even walk up the stairs, let alone pick him up out of his crib.  I had muscle aches and couldn't get warm.  I don't wish that upon ANYONE!  Let me tell you, when you're sick like that, it really makes you see how important your health is.  Without it, you couldn't do anything.  Nothing.  Your health is really the most important thing in your life!

Anyway, on top of thinking I'd rather be going through child birth, (no exaggeration) I also thought I am so thankful I got sick and not Peyton (notice I didn't say Steve.  haha just kidding!)  Fast forward two days and wham!, Peyton got sick.  He threw up once on Saturday evening and I spent the next three days changing diaper after diaper.  He was also dehydrated and that's SCARY.  He's much better today and is starting to eat and drink like normal.  Hallelujah!

I'm still not sure what hit this household, but I'm glad it's out.  And I hate to waste your time with this post, because I know we've all been dreadfully sick before, but it's just one of those things I felt needed to be published.  :)  There, I feel better now!

"The greatest wealth is health."
-Virgil

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you did get Norovirus (not sure on the spelling)! Especially if Peyton was sick a few days later. Also, food poisoning usually doesn't set in for 24 hrs, so it probably wasn't what you ate that night. Anyway, hope you guys are feeling better, sounded horrible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it was Norovirus! I still have no clue. I read that food poisoning can start anywhere from 2-6 hours of eating the food. But because Peyton got sick right after, you're probably right on with the Norovirus.

    ReplyDelete