Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

Our weekend!

First off, this is my 200th post!  =)

We had a great weekend.  I went into the office with Steve on Friday again, and was in there for a bit on Thursday, had GOTR on Monday and Wednesday, so needless to say, this was a week where I was away from Peyton for probably the most I've even been.  By the time Friday afternoon rolled around, I missed Peyton like never before.  We rushed home for some quality time with Peyton, a Barro's dinner, and then bed time for us all.

Side track a bit, Peyton's doing much better at bed time, he no longer cries when we put him down.  Phew!  However, the crying has been transferred to bath time.  He cries when I give him a bath and just wants OUT.  He pulls himself up while crying and he's so slippery that it's scary.  At first I thought he knew bath time lead into bed time, so decided to cry then instead.  Then I thought, no, he just wants out to play.  A week later I figured it out - he's afraid of bath time now!  I started pouring the water over his head and it gets into his eyes now, so he hates the cup and when I turn the water on.  It freaks him out and he just wants nothing to do with it!  So I now get the bath ready before he's in the bathroom and I'm more careful about the water getting into his eyes and he's doing much better.  Thursday night was the last rough night in the bath, but it was the worst night in the bath also.  I think when I had to leave him all day Friday after such a hard night before, it made for a VERY hard day being away from him and I felt guilty for what happened the night before.

Anyway, Saturday we went to The Monastery for Keller William's Family Day.  It was fun and just nice to be outside.  All the ladies love Peyton, and now all of their kids do too.  I think we must've found about 5 new girls who want to babysit him!

Sunday Peyton and I went to Reagan's second birthday party.  It was fun to be outside again and play with friends.  Mandy had a cute Elmo themed party, complete with Dorthy the Fish  party favors.  It was a good time!
Fish Party Favors
Hanging with Megan and Owen
The Birthday Boy, Reagan
As soon as we got home, we freshened up and headed to another party right down the road.  Joan's good friend from work was throwing a BBQ for her newly married son and his baby that's on the way.  We had a fun time there and didn't get home until 7:30pm.  Peyton went all day without a nap (except for a snooze in the car) and we didn't have any meltdowns!  Just smiles, kisses, and laughs!  He slept until 8:15 this morning, so he was definitely a tired boy.

Just yesterday morning Peyton cruised the whole couch, turned the corners and all.  Reagan's birthday party was the first time that he truly needed to be wearing shoes and I was SO excited about it!  Silly, but such a huge step (no pun intended!)  To make it even more silly, when we got home, I noticed there was dirt all over his feet and in his toes, and the bottom of his shoes were all nasty.  I thought that was so cool!  HA!

I hope you all had a great weekend too!

1 comment:

  1. So glad he is sleeping with no crying now!! Good job Mommy!! And I agree- bathtime when they are trying to get out is so scary!!

    ReplyDelete