Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Carlsbad 2011

We had a wonderful week long vacation in Carlsbad, CA last week!  It's always such a fun and relaxing time.  This year was especially fun since Peyton was able to enjoy the beach.  {Quick sob moment: when I was growing up, I'd always admire the moms on the beach with their little kids running around with pails and shovels, wanting that to be me someday (yes, that's how long I've yearned to be a momma!).  Well, that day has surely come!  It was a crazy cool moment when I saw myself as that mom this year.  =)}  This was my tenth year going to Carlsbad with Steve's family.  I'm so lucky to have such awesome in-laws! :)

Mother Nature definitely made up for last years freezing cold, cloudy (aka crappy!) weather.  This year, it was high 70's, bright & sunny the ENTIRE time!  I never even put on my pair of jeans, neither did Peyton.   It was ah-maz-ing!

On a sad note, I went to download my pictures and lost about 100 of them.  Luckily I have the last few days still on my camera along with all my iPhone pictures.  I'm currently trying to recover the lost ones, so there's still hope.  Fingers crossed!

Until then, here's some pictures from my iPhone recapping the trip!:

On our way to drop Gingie off with Grandpa.  He took her camping up North for a night & said she did great and loved it!

On the road!  Peyton did absolutely fantastic on the ride up and back.  There was only an hour at the end of the ride home where he got pretty restless, and that was it.  Here, he spotted his beach toys in the back of the car, so I let him play with them a little early.  :)

First morning!  He loved playing on the porch.  He knew he couldn't go out there alone and would grab my hand then lead me out there.

First beach day!  He was a little hesitant at first and stood like a flamingo (one leg up) during his first encounter with the water.  He didn't really like getting dirty, but in no time he was all about it.

My mom and Bob were there the first weekend and for the 4th of July!  It was special having them with us.

A night on the town - Carlsbad style {aka relaxed and lovin the ocean breeze air}

Uncle Andy got a special moment with a sleepy Peyton

I took Peyton for a two hour walk down the boardwalk.  He saw TONS of doggies and squealed at each one.  After the excitement played it's course, he was out.  Who doesn't like the sound of waves while falling asleep?  :)

When we came up from the beach, we'd hit the pool.  More fun time!

We watched a few of these:

Peyton knows just what to do with earphones.  Steve and Peyton are sharing them, listening to some Pear Jam... preparing for...

Mike McCready, the guitarist for Pearl Jam, played the national anthem at the LA Anaheim Angels game on Thurs.  Steve won a pair of tickets, along with a signed baseball from Mike McCready.  Highlight of his trip, for sure!  Mike's the one with the gray shirt.  ;)

Grandma Joan playing with Peyton on the beach!

Momma and Peyton enjoying our last beach day.

Surfer dude!

Julie bought me back this awesome kite from China (last year) and let me tell you - it rocked!  It went on for miles and was a conversation starter for sure!


"On the beach, you can live in bliss."
-Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment