Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, February 20, 2012

D.I.Y.

I stumbled upon a little console table at Goodwill awhile back while I was on the search for an antique media table that Steve wanted to fix up.

A little background info - we have an old school mail box... and I mean so old school that it dates before what you and I probably remember.  Nope, not one of those that sits in front of your house, with an orange flag that you prop up when there's mail in it (that's what I remember from back in the day).  Our house has a slit in the brick, right by our front door, where the mail slides down right into our house.  Remember those?!  It's pure awesomeness.  Especially for the lazy folk who used to make it to the community mailbox only a few times per week.  :)

Anyway, so I found this little console table (it may have even been a night stand) at Goodwill that fits nicely under our mail slot.  I bought it for only $5.99!  Beautiful, solid wood.  Very proud of my bargain find!  Steve spruced it up this weekend - he added molding around the bottom and in the center, a new knob, and a nice paint job.  Wha-la!

~BEFORE~

~AFTER~

It was a fun project!  We're still on the search for an antique media stand, hopefully we find one soon so we can finish up our house decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment