We went to visit Steve's Grandma. It was so beautiful up there with a light snow falling all day. We had a nice time visiting with GiGi (as Peyton calls her) and she was surprised to see Peyton and I. She thought Dennis and Joan were coming, not Joan, Peyton and I. :) Peyton loved playing at her house and was very well behaved all day.
That night Joan and I headed back to their house in Flag and I had a horrible time getting Peyton to fall asleep. He cried for an hour, with me going in a few times. Finally I decided to go to bed and bring him with me. Well that didn't work well because he just wanted to play! It was actually super funny. He would sit up in bed and start dancing, then he'd bend over and kiss/bite my face. I was not making a peep because I wanted him to go to sleep. Eventually I'd tell him to lay down, so he would, but then he'd sit right back up and dance then lean over and kiss/bite my face. :)
Then I decided to put the pack in play in my room, in case the problem was that he was scared. Well then he cried and cried some more. I was SO TIRED that I actually fell asleep to him crying, only for him to let out a really good one and it woke me up, HA! So then I grabbed him and brought him into bed with me again and he fell right to sleep... taking up the entire bed all night long!
I told Joan how excited I was to get into bed that night and read my book, then get a good night's sleep without Steve in the bed. FAIL! But it's all worth it for the little guy.
We drove home Monday morning. It was a short trip, but the goal was to spend time with Steve's Grandma and that's what we did!
"Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent."
-Donald A. Norberg




No comments:
Post a Comment