Peyton is really starting to learn his colors. He has red, yellow, green, and blue down perfect and is 95% there with pink and gray as well. He's picking up black and purple very fast too.
If I point to an object he's never seen, he'll tell me the color. When we're driving in the car, he'll start saying, "blue, yellow, green, red..." Actually, anywhere we're at, he'll start pointing out the colors that he sees!
He's also starting to "read." I taught him a while ago what letters stand for (like "D" is for Dada) and I also taught him what the letters sound like (like "S" is "ssssss") and of course, I taught him the name of the letters (like "A" is "A" :)).
So when he "reads", we hear a combo of these things. We were at the grocery store the other day when suddenly Peyton starts saying in a very monotone voice (his reading/ thinking voice), "Sssss... O... O.... Dada..." and I look up only to find he was reading "Seafood" on the wall!
I'll ask him to read me a book and he'll go through the letters in the title, "O...P...P...O...Ssss...I..." and the rest of the word is forgotten about if he doesn't know it. (the book was called Opposites!) It's so cute and of course we think he's very smart! :)
I'll have to get a video of him reading, but here's a few of him saying his colors!


No comments:
Post a Comment