We woke up in our hotel in Prescott and had a nice continental breakfast. We got dressed and headed over to Laurie's good friend Debbie's house for a delicious brunch with the rest of the family.
We attempted some pictures but Peyton was EXHAUSTED from hardly any nap the day before and a 7 1/2 hour night of sleep. So, that didn't go so well. And that was our cue to get home! He slept the whole way home and then we had a very nice evening and a Barro's dinner.... :)
Real quick, the cutest thing in the entire world happened the night in our hotel after Laurie's party -- we decided to let Peyton sleep between us because we didn't wanna hear him bawl in his pack n play. So we turn the lights off and he's SO excited and happy. It's pitch black and he can't see a thing. But he wants to make sure we're still there. So he starts feeling for my face with his face and then once his little nose touches my face, he gives eskimo kisses. Then he goes to Steve and does the same thing. He goes back and forth actually kissing our faces now for about 5 minutes and I was the happiest mom in the world - it was SO SWEET! We were just laying in bed silent during this whole thing.
Then Steve had enough and rolled over (haha) so Peyton started feeling for me to make sure I'm still there again. Eventually he starts getting rough then BAM! He hits me in the face. I told him to lay down and go to sleep. So he lays down, then sits up and BAM! Hits me in the face again. I realized this was no mistake and so I picked him up and put him in the pack n play, prepared for some major tears. Instead, I hear nothing but him lay down and get comfy, then he's OUT. OMG! I think all he was waiting for was to get in the pack n play! I was so relieved and so happy that we got some time in the bed together without having to actually sleep with him in it. It was a great start to my Mother's Day. :)
| Leaving the hotel, getting in a sweet ride. |
| Learning how to blow the train whistle. |
| My little angel. |
| Family picture =) |
| Happy Mother's Day! |
I also want to give a shout out to the best mom in the world - MINE! And another shout out to the worlds best mother-in-law, MINE AGAIN!! =) I love you both!!!
Here's a beautiful quote that reminds me of my mom:
"Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly."
-Sarah Malin


No comments:
Post a Comment