Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, May 21, 2012

This Weekend.

This weekend was one of those where you don't have much planned then it suddenly fills up quickly.  Love those!

Friday afternoon, my friend Genny came over and brought In-N-Out for lunch.  Ever since we moved, I find myself wanting that and Chick-fil-A all.the.time.  We used to have those everywhere near us in Gilbert and now that we're in the city, it's a drive to either of those places.  So that was a treat!  After Peyton went down for his nap, we sat on the couch for 2.5 hours and talked.  If you didn't already know, Genny's pregnant!!!!  She's 13 weeks and I am sooooo happy for her and Ryan!!  She's gonna be a stay-at-home-mom, and I couldn't be any happier about all of this.  She's due November 22nd.  We had lots of fun stuff to talk about.  It's weird being the mom giving advice to the mom-to-be.  :) 

Saturday, Steve went golfing with his dad and brother while Peyton & I headed over to my friend Melanie's to see her new place.  She moved into a beautiful condo on 44th St & Thomas, which is awesome because it's about a 5 min or less drive from my house.  Score!

That evening we went to my friend Amanda's house for a BBQ.  It was so fun to hang out with friends and see Peyton play with the boys.  Peyton played non stop with the dogs, then the boys, then outside on the play set, then he discovered JJ's room and that meant we had to pry him away from all the fun at 10pm and finally head home.  It was a great night!

Sunday afternoon was my friend Lauren's baby shower.  I've known her since grade school, along with my other friend Melissa who's in the picture.  Melissa is also pregnant, she's around 20 weeks and Lauren's around 35 weeks.  Since we're on the topic, I have two other friends who are also pregnant, Siobhan and Mandy, they're both around 20 weeks!  Yes, everyone is pregnant right now!!!  :)  Anyway, Lauren's baby shower was beautiful.  I had a great time.

That evening, I came home and was playing outside with Peyton when suddenly the sky got all weird (I know, I know.  I wasn't aware that a solar eclipse was supposed to happen.)  It was pretty cool to be ignorant about this, because trying to figure it out was a trip.  Steve was inside & I didn't bother telling him what was going on since I figured it was a cloud cover that I couldn't see.  (lol).  Still, I was super confused that one minute I was cleaning our trash can and the next I couldn't even see the inside of it hardly.  Then my dad texted me, saying to check out the solar eclipse!  Ahhhh!  Mystery solved!!!  And I vaguely remember hearing this was gonna happen.

So Steve came out and we did the pinhole in a paper thing that he remembered learning about in school.  Another thing that I vaguely remember learning about.  I can't wait until Peyton's old enough to get excited about these things!  (wait, yes I can, because that means he'll be a big boy and I don't want that to happen too soon).

Hope you all had a fun weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment