We went with the theme, "She's Ready to Pop!" It was such a fun theme because it was way cute and super easy! The weather was gorgeous, happened to be a high of just over 80*, which was the coolest it's been yet and it's back up in the 90's today and all week!
"Ready to Pop" banner
Blow "Pop" Martinis (sprite & a Dum Dum sucker)
Cake "Pops"
Dum Dum "Pops", "Pop" Rocks, & Tootsie Roll "Pops"
Banana cupcakes
"Pop"corn
The table
Soda "Pop" & Water
Party Favors
Party Favors - "Thanks for popping by Genny's Baby Shower"
The table set-up
My personal favorite - the centerpieces! Lollipop trees!
Genny's loot
Now for the inside where the food was served...
"Pop" chips (which are delicious btw!)
Macaroni Salad
"Pop"ular deviled eggs
"Pop"corn chicken
"Pop"over chicken salad sandwiches
*We also had JalapeƱo "Pop"ers & a fruit salad.*
One of our games was sooo funny & original! I bought these 1" plastic babies and put one in each ice cube slot of an ice tray. Since it was an outdoor party, this was perfect - each guest got an ice cube with a baby inside (I know, kinda creepy too!). Whoever got their baby out first yelled, "My water broke!" and won. Everyone laughed so hard, it was a success!
A friend of ours & Gennys is making her a quilt - each guest colored a square that will be turned into a quilt.
Opening gifts
Genny at 34 weeks!
Julie, Genny, and I
Julie, Genny, me, and Albert
Julie, our mom, and I
This morning it was a little too quiet so I went to find Peyton. He's obsessed with this lollipop tree and was sitting by it with a handful of suckers! Last night he got in trouble for opening a few and eating them. It was very sweet that I found him only holding them this morning... but soon he dug in! And he just happened to be wearing his "Official Candy Inspector" halloween pj's!
He's also been obsessed with the cake pops I made. HO-LY COW. I mean really obsessed! It turned into a battle day & night until they were out of the house. I'd give him one and he'd agree on ONE, and then I'd give him ONE MORE to keep him from freaking out, but then he just wanted them all! He'd wake up after his nap and the first word out of his mouth was, "cake pop!" Finally Steve told him they tasted like poop (we were desperate because NO wasn't working!) and he stopped. ;)
Anyway, it was such a successful shower, Genny was very happy. Now it's countdown to baby Elliott Maxwell's appearance!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment