
On Sunday Peyton will be 4 weeks old! I can't believe how fast the time flies by. So what's been going on these past several weeks? A lot!
My days are spent feeding, changing, cuddling, bathing, and reading to Peyton. While he sleeps, I manage to eat and bathe myself! I can’t believe the time it takes to take care of a baby. They sleep so much you’d think I’d have more time to do things. But I’m not complaining, I love my new job.
Steve went back to work full-time last week. He never really stopped working, but spent the first few weeks working from home. Even now he can spend an occasional day working from home, but overall he’s back in the office. He misses Peyton so much during the day and wishes he could put him in his pocket and take him to work J

We’ve had tons of visitors over the past several weeks, and they keep on comin’! It’s been awesome having lots of home cooked meals and some company. We’ve also gotten lots of packages and cards in the mail. We feel really loved, thank you everybody!
Ginger spent the first 3 weeks at Grandmas house. That wasn’t the plan, but once I was in the hospital and my mom offered to watch her, I was all about it. I suddenly didn’t feel like handling a newborn and an energetic Boxer at the same time.

We brought her home this past Sunday and it’s been AMAZING – Ginger doesn’t seem phased by Peyton by the least bit, and Peyton could care less about Ginger! Hahaha. While Ginger spends her days barking at every little noise outside, Peyton continues to sleep through it all. I think Peyton recognizes her bark from my womb. Ginger will smell and occasionally lick Peyton, but it’s so gentle and Peyton loves it. J I think once Peyton is making more noise and crawling around, it’ll be a different story. But for now, the transition has been smooth!
It didn’t take long to realize that Peyton is a “good” baby. We’ve had no problems with him and he hardly cries at all. I’m hoping this means it’ll be easy to get him on a schedule and sleep through the night. I’ve been reading lots of books on the best way to do this, and will be ecstatic the night he sleeps 7 hours straight!
As you all know, we chose Dennis as Peyton’s middle name. Dennis is a family name on both sides – Steve’s middle name is Dennis, Steve’s dad’s name is Dennis, my dad’s middle name is Dennis, and to top it off, we both have an Uncle Dennis. Couldn’t go wrong there!

Lastly, I have to mention how much I enjoyed my pregnancy and believe it or not, labor and delivery. Immediately after Peyton was born, I couldn’t wait to get pregnant again, and I still feel that way! But it won’t be happening anytime soon J The whole experience was such a dream come true and I couldn’t have asked for a smoother pregnancy and birth!
Below is another quote Steve emailed to me days after we found out I was pregnant. :)
"A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart till the day you die."
-Unknown
Here are some pictures of Peyton and his new friends
~Megan, Me holding Owen (9 weeks), pregnant Siobhan holding Peyton (2 weeks)~

~Genny 'n Peyton~

~JJ (4 1/2 yrs) holding his new little friend~

~Amanda 'n Peyton~

~Noah, Peyton & Owen~

No comments:
Post a Comment