Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

One Month!

Peyton turned one month on April 14th... I can't believe it!

So much has happened in the first month. Let's see:
He's gained a few pounds and looks older every day
He's making eye contact
He can lift his head nearly 90 degrees during tummy time
He looks for me when he hears my voice
He's eating about 3 oz every 3 hours
He's discovered his thumb

The first month has been exciting, emotional, a learning experience, and absolutely exhausting (but amazing!) Peyton's sleeping about 3 hours at a time during the night. He's been incredibly gassy and has reflux. Poor little guy! Our pediatrician says up until about 3 months, their systems are so immature that this can happen and to basically wait it out. I hope he doesn't have to go through this for the next 7 weeks!

Breast feeding has been a challenge, but one that I'm up for. I'm still mastering it, but at the end of the day, Peyton is getting breast milk via me or a bottle and that's what's important.

This next month we're looking forward to that first smile and hopefully we'll be on our way to a set schedule that will include some more night time rest!

Next Monday I go to my OBGYN for my 6 week check up. I'll get the okay (hopefully) to start working out again, something that I can't WAIT to do! I'm looking forward to getting a few hikes in before it gets too hot. Also, at 6 weeks we can take Peyton out in public. This is something we can't wait to do!

My friend Megan gave me the wonderful idea of taking monthly pictures of Peyton, in the same position, every month. This is a great way to chart his growth and all the changes!

~One Month~

~Sucking his thumb like his mommy & daddy did~


XoXo!

No comments:

Post a Comment