Mommy & Me yoga begins in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to this SO.MUCH. One of the things I miss most about pregnancy is all the prenatal yoga I did. It was a time when I was able to really connect with my baby and just chill out. I'm not sure what to expect for Mommy & Me yoga, and am actually quite nervous for the first class (what if Peyton cries? what if I can't calm him? what if, what if...) I'll let you know how it goes!
Tonight Steve is taking over the night feedings while I sleep soundly in the guest room without a monitor. I've been looking forward to this ALL WEEK!! I really haven't had a good nights rest since around 6 months of pregnancy. All the nightly bathroom trips in the last trimester made it difficult and of course, the big blur of the last 7 weeks has made me delirious almost on a daily basis. There's nothing better than the gift of SLEEP!
Mother's Day is coming up and it's strange to think that I'm a mom and get to celebrate it this year. It's gonna be hard to realize it's my day too, not just my mom and Steve's mom. Not sure what we're doing yet, but I can tell you another full nights rest is on my wish list!
Peyton turned 6 weeks on Sunday and for me, this was a big milestone. 6 weeks is when I decided to start his nighttime routine. Since Sunday, I've been giving Peyton a bath, bottle, then off to bed starting at 7pm, in hopes to get him to sleep through the night. Thanks to my wonderful friend Megan who I turn to for so many baby questions, she told me about this and so far it's been awesome! For starters, I love the routine. It's not a full-on 24 hour day routine that so many baby books suggest (I just can't do that). It's perfect because it sets the tone for night time and I actually feel like I'm putting him to bed. You spend your days trying to keep them awake and of course allowing them to nap, but the only set time I have to do anything with him is at 7pm. I think he's really catching on and each night he sleeps longer and longer. His longest stretches are from about 8pm to midnight, and we're working on the rest of the night :) The only issue we've run into is his growth spurt -- I never noticed the 7-10 days or 3 week growth spurt babies go through, but the 6 week one has definitely hit Peyton! He's waking up to eat more so that's messing with this routine a bit (not allowing him to sleep long), but we'll get there!
Okay, enough babbling and random thoughts for tonight. Have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment