Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

FIRST Birthday Party.

We celebrated Peyton's birthday at The Arbor's Park (down the street from our house) on Saturday, March 12th.  It was the perfect place and it was such a gorgeous Arizona day.  The sun was shining, the sky was blue, and there was a slight breeze.  It got pretty warm though towards the end, and a lot of people seemed to get their first burn of the "summer", I know we did!

I remember last year when I had Peyton, everyone said, "Well Peyton's birthday will always fall during Spring Break!" and I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing.  But nonetheless, I realized this year his birthday parties will probably either kick off or end a lot of people's Spring Break's, including his when he gets older.

Okay, par-tay details!

I decided to do a Safari Theme.  Everything was homemade.  All the crafts, cupcakes, everything!  I was very pleased with how it all turned out.  I'll let the pictures do the talking! (warning: picture overload.)

Here we have all of the decorations:
Birthday Boy's special shirt
Peyton's Wild Journey -- a collage of
his monthly pictures.

Here is all of the fun that was had!:
ALL of Peyton's Aunt's & Uncle's
Clapping!
Pointing!  Or as we pretended he said, "I'm this many!"
Sisters!
He loved crawling down the hill

And now for the cake smash!:
(He swiped off the frosting & Steve had to help him get a little dirty. :)  The best part was when Peyton fed Steve some cake.  Ever since then, he's been "feeding" us food.  Aww!)

It was such a fantastic day!  I honestly couldn't have done it without the help from our parents.  Thank you a million to them and to all of our friends for celebrating with us!

"Your birthday is a special time to celebrate the gift of 'you' to the world."
-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment