Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, December 16, 2010

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth...

...and that's just what Peyton will get!

At his 9 month appointment on Tuesday, I asked the peditrition if Peyton was getting any teeth upstairs, because "I think he's getting one."  Turns out, he's not just getting one, or two, or three, but FOUR teeth ALL AT ONCE!  I thought two was torture (let alone one), but who ever heard of four?!

He pulled Peyton's gums back (oh!  that's how you do it!) and the whole top of his gums looked the same to me, and that would be because the whole top of his mouth is swollen.  Poor little guy!  You could see the outline of all four teeth and I nearly cried for him.

He said Peyton will probably have a few by Christmas.  Well, he was dead on last time with his prediction, and I think he's right again.  This time I swear I can see his top left one peeking through, just about to cut.

For a baby with four teeth coming through, he's been an absolute delight.  I can't get over it.  (knock on wood.)  I think we're in for it next time with baby #2, because we surely hit the jackpot with this little guy!
------------
A few weeks ago Peyton started making these weird faces.  We would laugh so hard at him, but turns out, I'm pretty sure he's making them because his top teeth are hurting.  I suppose you would make faces like this if your top gums hurt too & didn't know where the pain was coming from!  At his doc appt, he made about every face imaginable all within 10 min of us sitting there.


"Adam and Eve had many advantages but the principal one was, that they escaped teething."
- Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment