We went to our (Steve's) friends Pat & Molly's house in Tempe for the big celebration. They have three kids and usually have a Christmas party, but this year they threw a NYE party instead. It was absolutely perfect because there were tons of kids and toys, and quite honestly, that's what appeals to us these days. :) Steve's good friend Aaron was also there so it was lots of fun.
We had a chili dinner and mingled / had a few glasses of wine. The highlight of the night?! A GIGANTIC SHOOTING STAR!!! Let me tell you how special this thing was...
So Peyton wanted to go outside where all the kids were playing basketball (and Steve & Aaron were too). So I took him outside and within 2 minutes, Aaron says, "Jenny! Steve! Look!" and I look up to see a fireball with a long green tail and pointy red front slowly flying across the sky. I thought it was a firework, because it was right above the house across the street and it lasted about 7 seconds (and, Hello! It's NYE!). So I was like, "oh, that was cool." And Aaron's like, "Umm, that was NOT a firework. There's no way a firework would go sideways like that. I was honestly waiting for a big BOOM!" And as you can imagine, the conversation that followed was lots of arguing between Steve and him, and trying to figure out what it was. Conclusion: one hell of a shooting star!! And it was confirmed HERE.
I look into things, and let me tell you, I looked into this for sure! 1) What are the chances we were outside to see this? 2) It's NYE, what better time is there to see a shooting star?!, 3) This was no ordinary shooting star, it must mean SOMETHING good will come to us in 2012, 4) I made a ton of wishes and cannot wait to blog about how they all came true in December... You just wait!! :)
We were home and had Peyton in bed by 10:30pm and spent the rest of the night on the couch, and watched Dick Clark's Rockin Eve to ring in the new year. I think this was the 11th year I've kissed Steve at midnight. :)
I've decided I won't be making any resolutions this year, as I just end up disappointing myself when they fall through. Instead, I've realized I'm actually quite content with my habits (eating, exercising, etc) and as long as I continue to learn, grow, experiment, etc, then I'm living a fulfilled life year to year.
However, we do hope and expect 2012 to be an exciting year and are working harder & harder everyday to make sure it's a prosperous one as well. So, here's to all of our wishes and hopes for 2012 to come true!!
Happy New Year!
The girls playing a Kinect dance game -- and
Peyton dancing along too.
Peyton dancing along too.
Now he's just chillin, watchin the ladies. :)
This got a lot of laughs!
"May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's Resolutions."
-Joey Adams


No comments:
Post a Comment