Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Children's Museum of Phoenix.

It's awesome. Truly one of the best things I've ever taken Peyton to.  My sister Julie and I spent about three hours there and hit just about everything.  It was amazing to watch Peyton.  Usually he kinda sticks by my side or asks me to join him whenever we go to the park or splash pad, anywhere where he can play.  But at the museum, he was in a world of his own.  He didn't call out for me once, he wasn't afraid of ANYTHING, he just studied e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g and played all day (we always say we have an Engineer on our hands).  We'd take him to a different room and he would gladly go.  He was a perfect angel the whole time and I was in heaven watching him.  I know that sounds silly, but really, to see him so interested in stuff and not want his momma really made me feel good.

I had a really awesome mom moment (I'm going to brag and I'm sorry!) when we were at "the market" in the museum.  The lady who works in the room told Peyton, who was putting all of his canned items in the veggie spot, that those cans and boxes don't go there.  At first, she seemed a little annoyed.  So I said, "Oops, sorry, come on Peyton, let's put them on the shelf where they belong."...

So she walks to the shelf and starts to help him / show him how to empty his cart correctly.  Pretty soon she comes up to me and says, "He's unbelievable!  I can't believe it.  I told him once that the cans go here and the boxes go here and he did everything right!  That's better than the employees that work here!  Don't tell anyone, but I'd gladly hire him over some of the people who work here.  He's such a smart boy and that means you're working with him.  That says a lot for you, mom."  Then she goes on to say, "He's such a charmer too!  With those blue eyes and blonde hair, he won't be in your house for long."  I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.  This lady sees hundreds of kids and she definitely didn't seem like the type to dote on them so to have her say those things meant a lot to me.
The lady & Peyton

It was a fantastic time, we'll be back again soon!  Enjoy the pics!

Painting rocks with water. 
Watching the big boys spin critters off the cactus -
he thought it was hilarious!
Pencil car
Playing the wrench xylephone with pro Aunt Julie 
Playing it with mama
Pickle car!
One of the rooms he could've spent hours in -
very mechanical!
I forgot to mention how awesome the view of Phx is.
There's huge windows throughout, so cool.
This noodle section is very deep, you could easily
get lost in it.  Peyton wasn't afraid at all - I wasn't prepared
for him to go running through it!
Making pancakes. :)
Part of the mechanical room again.
Time to shop!  I was afraid he'd never get a shopping
cart since there aren't many.  Another thing I was proud of -
he was on a mission to get one and did it right away.
Measuring beans
This cart was already full when he found it.  Ha!
They had so many cool tricycles.  They even had ones
without pedals for kids like Peyton who can't
pedal yet - they could just use their feet.  This museum not only had everything,
but they had everything for every age and stage!  So neat!
Here's a video of Peyton playing the xylephone.  He would stop and look at the trains (really they were cars) that would go over head.  



No comments:

Post a Comment