Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day 2011!
I hope you're all having a wonderful Valentine's Day today, no matter who you're with or without!

Let's go back in time:

I was thinking back on all of the V-Day's we've had over the years.  Of course I thought about last year, and how it was only exactly one month until I gave birth to Peyton (little did I know!)  Click here to see what I blogged about last year.

I remember our very first V-Day in 2002 (I was 20 years old), we had only been dating a month when Steve (who lived right above us at the time, in Desert Palms) had coordinated with my sister to come over early in the morning and drop off balloons, flowers, a card, a 6 pack of Smirnoff Ice (ha!) and a teddy bear on our kitchen table.  I woke up to this surprise and was the happiest girl in the world!

A tradition we started years ago but haven't done in a few, is to go to dinner at Rustler's Rooste.  That was always fun and romantic, with a great view of the city lights from the patio.  We spent many V-Day's there.
Valentine's Day 2008

Another V-Day, Steve gave me a diamond necklace that has 3 diamonds in a row, signifying the past, present, and future.  THAT was a nice surprise!  I also remember one year he set up a treasure hunt in his apartment, that led me to an iPod.  I'm also looking at a fake flower on my desk as I write, that he gave me that year.  :)

Another one that sticks out in my mind was when he came to my car at work and left me my very first Coach purse in the drivers seat.  That was also the V-Day where I was hoping for an engagement ring (HA!) and was almost for sure the Coach purse was just to throw me off.  I (obviously) didn't get the ring, but was still a happy girl.

One year we were on a Baja Cruise for Valentine's Day with a group of friends.  He surprised me with a Guess watch I had been eyeing on the ship.
Valentine's Day 2007
2007 Baja Cruise
Valentine's Day dinner on the cruise 2007

And another year we had decided to not do much for V-Day, but I got him something anyway.  He hadn't gotten my anything and felt super bad.  The next day, he left flowers and candy in my car, which was totally unexpected because it was the next day.  haha!

I remember my first V-Day being engaged, and feeling some sort of relief.  I didn't feel like we had to "win" each other over anymore.  And the first as a married couple was even better.  Now, it's my first V-Day where I have TWO Valentine's... Peyton & Steve.  It's the best one yet!
Flowers from 2008.
When I was growing up, my mom & dad would always have cards and gifts for us in the morning.  I loved that so much and is such a fond memory I have.  I can't wait to start doing that for Peyton!

Tonight, we're planning on another home cooked meal and who know's what else!  Maybe next year we'll start back up the Rustler's Rooste tradition.

Happy Valentine's Day!  XoXo!

Gifts from either 2004 or 2005.
Our first with Ginger in 2008.
We had gotten her a month prior!
She's wearing a V-Day bandana.  ;)

Our V-Day picture for daddy!  ;)
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO!

"If you live to be 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you."
-Winnie the Pooh

4 comments:

  1. I remember that necklace!! Were we in college then?? So fun to hear about all of your V-days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the V-day reminiscing! I couldn't tell you at all what we have done for V-day, probably because B is usually working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy!
    We sure did enjoy yer blog! Anytime you and yer family would like to come in fer dinner just let us know so we can make sure yer on our VIP list "Very Important Partner". We linked yer blog to our FB page be sure to check it out!

    Happy Trails!
    Ashley Allen
    Social Media Wrangler
    602-431-6474 Ext: 84080
    Ashley@RustlersRooste.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I got that necklace in college! I remember all the girls in our class hovering over me looking at it and loved it. That's when I think I realized, "wow, this necklace *is* a big deal!" ha!

    Thanks Ashley, very cool!

    ReplyDelete