I wanted to share a few new items I've added to our house. And in this case I haven't spent a dime! I'm pretty good at returning stuff I don't like, and putting that money towards something I do.
Here are two book ends that cost $4.99 each at Marshall's. A shirt that I once thought I'd wear & has been sitting in the closet w/ tags on since Dec is what bought these!
Remember that damask frame w/ a bow that I loved? Well I couldn't find a place for it so it's been replaced with this frame & glass that I know just what to do with!
And last but definitely not least, I recently heard of this new concept: scarf pillow. You can buy them, or in my case, make them. I don't have any square scarfs to show you how, but basically you take a square scarf and neatly maneuver it around a pillow to act as a pillow case. I'm so excited about this since I've been looking for two new pillows that I cannot find anywhere. But surely there's two scarfs I can find in the print I'm looking for. Plus, I have about 4 pillows I was this close to taking to Goodwill before I heard of this concept. Until then, I had fun making the scarf pillow below, using a long black scarf that I turned into a bow.
"But out of limitations comes creativity."
-Debbie Allen





No comments:
Post a Comment