Let's start at the beginning of month eight. (Some of this might be a repeat!) Peyton started signing "milk", it was a little messy and hard to see, but he was doing it. By the end of the month, he had done it very clearly all on his own a few times. He's not doing it consistently, but he has done it. I'm now wondering if he's waving "bye" as well. Leaning towards no, but he's doing something with his hands that makes me wonder.
He officially cut his second tooth earlier this month. I don't see any more in sight, but it's a lot harder to see his top gums than his bottom, so who knows! The two teeth that he does have are getting very big and I've noticed they're very white!
Earlier this month he started turning onto his belly in his crib and sleeping that way. By the end of the month, he was all over the place -- I would put him down on his back facing South, and he would wake up on his tummy facing North. Funny little dude!
Peyton started waking up around 2am for a few nights, mid-month. I pushed his bedtime back 30 minutes and problem solved. (Thank you, Megan!) He's been UHH-MAZING (knock on wood) with naps. I think he's finally trained in that department. I can lay him down in his crib and shut the door, and by the time I get downstairs and turn the monitor on, I hear a peep, then a minute or two later, he's out. He's taking 2-3 naps a day, anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours.
Around 7.5 months, Peyton got his Cranial Band. He's had it for two weeks now and is still doing great. There's days where it seems I can already see a difference, and days I can't. His next appt is in two weeks, where he'll be measured and we'll know for sure then what the improvement is.
With the Similac recall and Peyton's sensitive tummy to begin with, we've had a very rough few weeks where we just couldn't get it right -- his normal soy formula was discontinued and thus hard to find, then it was recalled so it was really hard to find, so we put him on a new one and it didn't work, and FINALLY, we found one that's not soy (I'm beyond excited about this!) that's working!! It's lactose-free and seems to suite him well. :) With both of our families having major lactose issues (haha), it's no wonder this was the answer.
In the funny department, Peyotn started making some super funny gargling noises a few weeks ago that he did non-stop. Then he started saying "dada," and now he sticks his tongue out all. the. time! He doesn't like the shade on his car seat being over him anymore (or he just noticed it) and pulls it down the moment I put it up. It's a battle to keep there, so finally I decided to just let it be. Sun in his face and all. BUT, he likes it! :) As mentioned in an earlier post, we think he's giving hugs & kisses now... he is a busy kid!
In the super funny department, Peyton has been doing this "crinkle" face. It all started the day after I babysat the Hulihee brothers. I honestly think I took so many pictures and the flash was in his face so much, that he started squinting. Either that, or my face squishes up when i smile, and he's mimicking me. Either way, he's truly turning into a ham. Pictures below!
He's fits into 9-12 month clothing best, with 9 month still fitting for probably another two seconds, and 12 months being a little too big. PJ's however, are 12 months. He's eating three meals a day and gets four, eight oz bottles. He's enjoyed an even bigger variety of foods this past month, all still homemade.
Eight Months!
The TONGUE!
Funny video! Every time he takes a bite,
he spits it out with his tongue. He's not trying
to actually spit it out, he's just sticking his tongue out.
Sorry the quality is kinda bad, it's taken from my iPhone.
Crinkle face!
...And more kisses. :)
"Babies are a link between angels and man."
-Unknown


So much to love about this post! Love the tongue, the crinkly smile face (lol), the Thanksgiving bib for pics (we have that one too, I'm totally using it in his "photo shoot" next week now!) and yay! for the easy sleep problem fix! Can't wait to hang out again.
ReplyDelete