Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sign Language

Exactly two weeks ago today, Peyton showed me his first sign, completely on his own! (as in, without mommy or daddy showing him first.)  This was one of the proudest days in my entire mommy life.  Sounds ridiculous, but it's completely true, it was such an accomplishment for both of us.

He was sitting in his high chair and I was across the room.  I was about to feed him solids, not even thinking about his milk.  The bottle was not in sight, it wasn't on my mind, there was NO MILK ANYWHERE!  Suddenly, I look up and he's staring at me, all while doing the sign for "milk" clear as day!  It was so unexpected that I felt as if I had seen a ghost.  And I'm not exaggerating!  Oh and he was right, it was time for his milk.  We communicated and it was amazing!

The past two weeks I've been patiently waiting for another moment like this, but nothing.  Just as I was starting to question if what I had seen was a fluke, (possibly, but my motherly instinct is telling me that he did it) it happened again!  And this time I got it on video!


"The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children."
-Elaine Heffiner

No comments:

Post a Comment