Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

17 Week Pregnancy Survey.

How far along are you? 17 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain? 9 lbs - I gained almost 5 lbs in less than 4 weeks (but c'mon, it was Thanksgiving!)  Doctor said weight gain looked great but I know I need to slow down a bit or exercise more (or at all)... 1 lb a week is what I should be gaining at this point.

How big is the baby? 5 oz and 5 in.  As big as a turnip.

Maternity clothes:  Yes, all the time.

Stretch marks?  None

Sleep:  I have no problem sleeping... except for the dog next door that starts barking at 5:30am!! Grr...

Best moment this week: Knowing that I'm feeling the baby kick for sure and feeling my belly get hard in a certain spot because s/he moved to the front.  BEST.FEELING.EVER!  Also hearing a healthy heartbeat and getting a good check-up yesterday.

Movement?  I swear I started feeling movement around 12 weeks.  That movement stayed pretty consistent (it didn't get stronger) up until 15 weeks and at 16 weeks those flutters were strong twitches/kicks (which still feel like bubbles popping).  So was I really feeling it at 12 weeks?  Not sure, but I think so!

Food cravings?  Nothing.  I'm just always needing to snack and I eat a ton at meals.

Food aversions?  Nope.

Morning sickness? Nope.

Labor signs? Nope.

Belly button in or out?  In.  It's stretching though.

What I miss: Over Thanksgiving, I really missed being able to have a glass of wine or a beer.

What I'm looking forward to:  Finding out the sex of the baby on Dec 10th!!!!!!!!!!!   We would've been able to find out on Monday, but we'll be in Cali for the week, so we have to wait an extra week.  Ahhh!!

Other thoughts:  People keep asking me what I think the baby is... I really don't know!  Certain days I feel like it's a boy, others I swear it's a girl.  There's pros to having either, so I'm truly fine with a boy or a girl -- I think Peyton would have more fun growing up with a brother, I think having 2 boys would be as easy as it can get, I would be able to dress them the same (cheesy?  I love it!), we already have all boy stuff, and Steve really wants another boy.  However, a girl would be so awesome for me!  I would love to have a daughter to bond with from newborn to adult - I would love dressing her, buying girly toys (barbies!), doing pigtails, using my maiden name as her middle name (Cortney, but possible spelling it Kourtney) and when she got older, being the mother of the bride just seems extremely special and when she becomes a mom herself, I think moms and daughters bond more than sons and daughters do (during those adult years) simply because we're the same sex, so yes, a girl would be great too!!

I'm still measuring ahead - starting at my last appointment, the doctor is measuring my uterus with the tape measure.  Last time I was a week ahead, yesterday I was measuring at 19 weeks.  She said we're keeping my May 5th due date though.  I remember with Peyton I measured a week ahead my whole pregnancy as well.  And had I not had him 2.5 weeks early, he would've been 9+ lbs! (He was 7lbs, 2oz at 37.5 weeks).

I'm extremely grateful that everything is going smoothly.  I'm anticipating our AFP test results and the ultrasound, and as long as both are normal, then I'll feel like the luckiest woman alive.  As exciting as pregnancy is, it can be a really scary time until that healthy baby pops out!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment