He said to just stop poop potty training all together and revisit when he's 3 years old. I guess it's common, and especially common in boys, to have poop trouble. So he said to just ignore pooping completely and let him go in his diaper. Don't talk about it, acknowledge it, celebrate, NOTHING. But to go ahead and continue pee potty training if I wanted. (Now how I'm supposed to do that, I'm not sure.)
Well, I was very disappointed. The first day was quite depressing. After how well he was doing (after all) and how close I felt, I had to reverse everything. He continued to whine for a few days that his bum hurt and was very concerned when he had to go and I didn't rush to the bathroom. "Pee, poop on potty train!" is what he'd say. But within 3 days, he was back to peeing and pooping in his diaper with no problem. No more bum hurt.
I guess we'll revisit this whole thing in the Spring. I was excited to knock this out before the new baby, maybe I'll still have time, not sure. But for now, I'm following doctor's orders.
Back in the good 'ole days.



No comments:
Post a Comment