Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012.

We had a very fun Thanksgiving weekend!

We started it by visiting new parents Genny & Ryan and their new baby Elliott Maxwell in the hospital on Wednesday evening.  He's so perfect and Genny was doing so well and was so calm as if this was the millionith time she's done it!  She delivered at Scottsdale Healthcare Shea, which is where I'll deliver too.  It was fun to get a sneak peak of the hospital.

From there, we headed up to Flagstaff.  We spent Thanksgiving morning in our jammies watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  After breakfast, Joan cooked two turkeys and I made mashed potatoes.  We got ready and headed over to Aunt Terri & Uncle Gregg's house.

We spent the rest of the day eating, talking, and watching football.  I ate SO.MUCH and it was soooo especially good this year.  :)  Actually, this whole weekend I ate so much.  Seriously, I'm sure I gained a pound in the 4 days we were there.  That night, Steve, his cousin Nick, and I went to see the movie Flight.

Then Friday, Joan hosted brunch at her house so we slaved all morning making a ton of homemade food.  After that, most of the extended family headed home.  Once all the excitement was over, wham!  I was wiped out!  That night we watched the ASU vs UofA game while eating leftovers.  It's always a nail biter game!  Proud to say, ASU won the territorial cup and everyone was happy.

Saturday afternoon we took Peyton to the train station and saw a ton of trains.  We ate at the Flagstaff Brewery and sat outside so we could see all the trains go by.  Then Steve and I bought Peyton this beautiful train in the gift shop that he LOVED, only for him to drop it a bazillion times and it's already pretty much seen it's day.

Sunday, after we packed up, we headed to the Railroad Cafe for lunch.  They have trains going around the restaurant and we knew Peyton would love it.  Afterwards we went to GiGi's house for a bit and headed home.  We were all pretty wiped from not being on our normal schedule.  Peyton threw a pretty good fit on the way to Gigi's house.  Well as they say, it's nice to leave and it's nice to get back home!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

*This was a horrible weekend for taking pictures!  I took maybe 5 the whole time.  And this one in the hospital is so gross of me!  Stripes aren't flattering sitting down.  :)
The above pic reminded me -- Peyton was so beyond gentle with the baby, we couldn't get over it.  He "petted" his head so gently and slowly, it was the sweetest thing.  Then he put up a corner of his blankie to Elliott, trying to share with him.  :)  He wanted to kiss him (he bent over to do it but we stopped him).  I CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM TO BE A BIG BROTHER!!

Thanksgiving morning.

Steve snapped this one on Thanksgiving.  He'd just gotten done playing outside.

This was some of the tables on Friday's brunch.  I loved the cornucopia centerpieces, but you can't really see them.  

And, here we are train watching.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment