I've been anticipating this day since he was a newborn -- what I thought would be a simple process turned out to be a quite long one, but I guess I can't completely blame the church... but anyway, I never gave up and did what I felt was right in my heart and I am so happy and proud of myself (& Steve) for powering through it and baptizing our son.
I nearly cried when we walked into mass that day and saw my mom, Bob, Dennis, Joan, Andy, and his girlfriend Amie all sitting there. I felt so happy and proud to know that we were all together there because of Peyton's baptism. Peyton must've felt the love too, because during mass he walked between each family member and said, "hey mama! (or gaga, or tata, or whoever it was)" and then gently gave us a kiss on our cheek. It was seriously so stinkin sweet.
After mass, the rest of the family (everyone from both of our sides made it!) joined and Peyton was baptized. Steve kept asking Peyton what was happening today and he would say, "baptized" and then he'd ask what was gonna happen and Peyton would say, "pour water on my head!"
After the baptism, everyone went to Dennis & Joan's for the reception. They were so kind to host it since there was an ASU football game on at 1pm and we didn't get the channel. :) We kept the baptism/reception to family only so that it was simple and intimate.
When all the family was together waiting, we happened to all be in a circle. Peyton was in the middle and hopped around and said everyone's names. He really knew it was a special day for him, you could just tell!
When the water was poured on his head 3 times, each time he tried to lift his head and got that look on his face like he couldn't quite lift his head but also had a smirk. He totally knew it was gonna happen since we prepared him and he was fine with it!
Then the priest blessed them and put oil on their foreheads. He asked some sort of question to us and Peyton answered, "Yeah!" :)
Us with Fr Vietor and Julie, the Godmother (we didn't have a Godfather).
{Umm, yeahhhh... I can't believe Steve told me my dress looked good. Yes I'm pregnant, but not noticeably enough to pull it off. Ugh! I just look like I have a big belly and a fat but!}
Peyton photo shoot!
I made this for Peyton (thanks Pinterest). It says,
I am a child of God
Peyton Dennis
and He has sent me here
March 14, 2010
has given me an earthly home
Phoenix, Arizona
with parents kind and dear
Steve and Jenny
~Baptized on November 10, 2012~
Opening gifts
My mom gave him a little baptism book with cute stories in it, Julie gave him a "Godchild" frame, and Laurie gave him a porcelain cross.
"For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ."
Galatians 3:27


No comments:
Post a Comment